Interns will work on current Sasaki projects alongside our landscape architects, planners and urban designers in Shanghai Office, as well as architects, strategists, civil engineers, and graphic designers in our Watertown headquarter. Sasaki’s interns get hands on experience, develop valuable relationships, and gain a deep understanding of how a leading firm operates and innovates.
An internship with Sasaki offers an invaluable opportunity for professional growth as well as a fun and memorable experience. When you work at Sasaki, you sign up to work alongside a diverse group of design professionals who bring their whole selves to work. We are proud of the culture we continuously cultivate here, which supports and celebrates people being people.
Interested? Here is what you need to know:
The length of internship varies and is usually tailored to suit each student's situation.
A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter with a collaborative spirit and a penchant for design. Candidate must have superior design and graphic skills and must be proficient in the following applications: AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator with exposure to Rhino, SketchUp, Lumion and/or 3-D Viz. Landscape background is required. Fluency in English is required, and basic Chinese skill is preferred.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Candidates must upload: (If your file is too large, please send over download link for the files instead.):
• Work Samples
• One page explanation of goals and expectations for the Internship, and potential internship schedule
• One letter of recommendation
Please send your applications to
- Participate in a variety of project scales, including landscape master plan, public park design, landscape design at urban developments, etc.
- Analyze physical, environmental, and cultural features of a site
- Analyze planned projects for opportunities and constraints, and review projects for code compliance
- Assist in preparing illustrative conceptual and schematic design drawings and construction documents including grading plan, layout plan, paving plan, planting plan, lighting plan, drainage plan and construction details
- Assist in integrating innovative sustainable design strategies and construction methods into project work at the planning level and site design level
- Assess locally available and locally sourced materials for landscape projects, including but not limited to paving materials and native plant species and their commercial availability
- Research construction methods and materials
- 至少拥有3年的相关工作经验 （包含国际或中国景观设计项目）
- 拥有出色的制图技巧，并熟练掌握专业软件，如CAD丶Adobe Suite和SketchUp等; 如有其余软件如Rhino, V-Ray, Lumion, 3DMax和GIS的使用经验可优先考虑
- Creative designer with a passion for the public realm, a desire to build high quality landscapes, and an understanding of landscape sustainability / ecology
- Team player with apersonality that thrives in a collaborative environment
- Capability to effectively communicate design ideas both graphically and orally, and to contribute to the development of design concepts
- Knowledge on landscape sustainability / ecology
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- A minimum of 3-year working experience in landscape architecture either in international or China projects
- Exceptional graphic skills and proficiency in CAD, Adobe Suite, and SketchUp is required; experience with Rhino, V-Ray, Lumion, 3DMax, and GIS software is also preferred
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Candidates must upload Resume and Work Samples to
email@example.com (attachment is limited to 4MB. If your file is too large, please divide it into smaller files or send over download links.)